Team SmallBoy

My blog to keep my family and friends updated on what I am doing. MommyGuilt is my mom and I am an Aspie. I hope that everyone who reads my blog will become part of Team SmallBoy and will learn more to help other kids.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

P W Derby and Guitar Boy

I had lots of fun at the Pinewood Derby and when I was Guitar Boy.

On the left is a picture of some of the cars that raced in the Pinewood Derby. My car didn't win, but my car won 3rd place in best design. It was all thanks to PC (he says I was a huge help). It was exciting. There were screaming scouts under the tables. Three cars raced at a time. Every car raced at least three times. Each group of three was called a "heet". The cars raced on a ramp going down a slope. All the cars went over past the finish gate. Only one car in each scout group went to the finals. The car with the least points went to the finals. Two cars in my scout group went to the finals. It was a fun day. The scout racing order was Tiger Cubs, Wolves, Bears (my group), Weeblos I, Weeblos II, and Grand Finals.


This is a picture of me as GuitarBoy. I was holding my guitar, playing it while Mom was taking a picture of me. I got my guitar for Christmas. I had one lesson already from PC (those are 2 of his guitars in the picture), and I learned the G and G7 chords. Please stand by. I' m thinking. I got to learn lessons from PC. He is teaching me how to play the guitar because I want to play the guitar. He said that Pete Townshend played around in a circle when he strummed the strings. That's all.



4 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Octobermom said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your award for design!!!!

I love that picture of you with the guitar. You look very focused!

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your car for the Derby was very cool, indeed. Congratulations on your award! My daughter S. is also learning to play the guitar, and she invented the "Z" chord. I will have her tell me what the strings are, and send it to your Mom for you. Enjoy your guitar! And Pete Townsend is a very cool guitar player. So is Eric Clapton. Ask PC about him.

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Small Boy!!!! I can't wait to hear you play your guitar!! I'm glad you have started lessons. And I SAW your car!!! It was fabulous!No wonder you won third place!!!!! I love reading your blog...keep doing it! You are the best!!! Love, Meem

(can you guess who I am?)

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I feel like I've missed a lot over the past few weeks. I love your pictures, your stories, and you!
I can't wait to see your car and hear you play. GR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home